Successful Lawn Care Marketing Tips
Starting a new business providing lawn maintenance can be tough, especially when you do not have a lot of new clients already signed up for your services.
The success of your business is going to rely on your ability to secure new clientele. If you can’t do this, your business stands almost no chance of becoming profitable and, eventually, it will fail.
The following are some great lawn care marketing tips and each one can bring you great success:
- Business Cards: Creating a professional business card is one of the most important part of your lawn care marketing. Many people often place the business card where it can be seen and can refer to it often. Of course, you will also want to put your business card in some of the area establishments around you. Many of the local stores will have a place for local businesses to promote themselves and you, too, must put yours where everyone will be able to see it.
- Brochures: Having a flyer or brochure about the services you provide can put your business a step ahead of your competition. With all of the free publishing software on the Internet, you may even be able to create your own. However, if you do lack the skills to put out a professional looking brochure, it will be well worth the expense to have a professional create one for you.
- Print Ads: Because you will be operating your business out of your own local area, you will want to invest in a few print ads, especially when you are first starting out. This will let everyone in your area know that you are taking new clients. Print ads are very effective and will help you to grown your business very quickly. Keep in mind, though, that the biggest advertisement is word-of-mouth and you will always want to make certain you are living up to your client’s expectations.
- Radio Ads: Many of the larger lawn maintenance companies often find that radio ads are a great way to promote their business. This, of course, can be a little bit more expensive than other forms of advertising. One of the main items to remember about this form of lawn care marketing is that you have to create an ad that allows the listener to visualize how you are going to help them and one that will grab their attention quickly.
- Yellow Pages: A business that plans on growing must place their listing in the local yellow pages. When a lot of people need to hire a new service, the first thing they do is open up their local phone book. Without your listing in the yellow pages, you could be missing out on a lot of potential jobs.
- Online Classified Sites: You must also remember that many people do most of their research online and placing your ad in the online classified sites is mandatory. Not everyone uses the old method of looking in the phone book and, instead, will search for business using their computer.
- Website: A business owner that plans on sticking around will also want to create a website for their business. This is a great place to offer your prospects a detailed listing of all of the services you can provide to them, as well as pricing information. For more results, place an online form for your visitors to fill out to request a quote for your services. Just be sure to follow up on each lead you get within 24 hours.
- Blogging: Blogging is another great lawn care marketing tip for those who are serious about their business. On a blog, you can discuss various aspect of your business, from tips on watering the lawn to tips on when you need to reseed. By providing your readers with quality information, you will be portrayed as an expert in the field and earn yourself an even better reputation.
- Social Networking: Many of the most successful business owners find that social marketing is a great way to grab the attention of more of their target market. Create a page for your business on Facebook or start Twittering. The more social you are, the more new clientele you can gain. The truth is, this is one of the most enjoyable of all of the lawn care marketing techniques you will utilize.