Husqvarna Riding Lawn Mowers: Enduring Performance You Can Trust
The Husqvarna Group is a global manufacturer of power products such as chainsaws, lawn mowers and other motor-driven yard tools. With manufacturing plants and sales centers in more than 100 countries, the Husqvarna brand has earned a reputation for performance and quality.
If you are in the market for a riding lawn mower–or lawn tractor–the Husqvarna line of tractors is a good baseline for comparison shopping.
The Basic Husqvarna Tractor Line-Up
Husqvarna riding lawn mowers are compact for better handling and ease of storage. They offer easy-to-reach cutting height adjustment at fender level, a seat that adapts to different body styles, and an ergonomic steering wheel for comfort.
All models have hydrostatic transmissions, air induction mowing systems to ensure a even and clean cut, plus each machine accepts a range of towable add-ons plus a mulcher that eliminates clipping clean-up.
• YTH2042: This entry-level Husqvarna riding lawn mower has a 42-inch cutting deck, a step-through driver’s seat design, a manual blade engagement control, a Briggs & Stratton Intek single cylinder motor, and an angled steering wheel. Cruise control, deck wash port for easy clean-up, and a cast-iron front axle all add the the convenience and durability of this lawn tractor designed for year-round usage. This little beauty carries a $1,499.95 price tag.
Need Help With Your Lawn?
• YTH21K46: This edition has a 46-inch cutting deck, a Kohler 21hp, single-cylinder engine, a pedal-operated hydrostatic transmission, and anti-scalp wheels. MSRP for this tractor is $1599.95.
• YTH22V42: Step it up with more power–a 2-cylinder Briggs & Stratton engine equipped with a mechanical compression release to facilitate trouble-free starts. Other features on this 42″ cutting deck machine combine the best of the previous two models, with cruise control, step-through seating, and a pedal-activated hydrostatic gear shift. The 22V42 is priced on a par with the model above, as is the YTH22V46 that differs solely in the larger swath it will cut through your lawn.
• YTH23V48: Husqvarna ups the ante in its lawn tractor line with a 23hp engine and a 48-inch cutting deck for better power on bigger terrain. The MSRP for the 23V48 is $1,799.95.
• YTH24V54: This tractor will mow 54 inches of turf per turn, and the bigger 24hp Briggs & Stratton motor will chew through higher, thicker vegetation without a hiccup. The electric blade engagement control is at your fingertips. With a longer-lived two-cylinder engine, the 24V54 will keep your yard finely manicured for years to come. You’ll pay $1,999.95 for the privilege.
• LGT25K54 from Husqvarna represents a bigger leap forward. Its efficient, pressure-lubed Kohler engine has both a residential side discharge and a mulch option, and when you accessorize, this 25hp hydrostatic machine becomes a formidable snow blower, thatcher, and driveway sweeper. The manufacturer suggests a tag of $2,299.95 for this powerhouse.
The LS Series Husqvarna Lawn Tractor Line-Up
The riding lawn mowers included in Husqvarna’s LS series are engineered for premium durability, extra comfort, and more precise performance. LS Tractors are equipped with fabricated cutting decks and heavy-duty chassis.
These upscale, workhorse models are the perfect choices for landowners with extensive grounds to maintain, difficult terrain, and tough vegetation. Integrated deck wash ports are standard on every LS mower.
• YTH22V43LS: Husqvarna’s Endurance V-Twin engine provides the oomph behind this riding mower. Manufactured by Briggs & Stratton, this engine is equipped with a premium air filtration system, chrome plated valves, and a cooling system that safeguards the engine from overheating for years of superior service. Cruise control and a 43-inch cutting deck complete the package. This LS entry-level tractor commands a price of $2,199.95.
• YTH23V43LS: This model’s dash board has an hour meter with a service reminder feature. Its engine upgrade to a commercial-quality motor that has withstood 2,000 hours of performance in lab tests offers premium durability. Cast-iron cylinder sleeves and an automotive-type air filter system further extend the life of the engine. This model is priced at $2,499.95.
• YTH24V48LS: A 48-inch cutting deck makes the 24V48LS a force of nature. This deluxe model’s hydrostatic transmission includes a locking differential for excellent traction even on the most slippery slopes. With the service minder and commercial-grade engine, the 24V48LS ramps its predecessor up an extra notch. As you might expect, the cost is a notch higher as well: $2,599.96
• GTH26V48LS: This Husqvarna yard tractor offers ground-engaging 48-inch cutting capability in addition to all of the previous LS series goodies, making for a superior machine. The cost? A cool $2,899.95.
• GTH27V52LS: At the top of the Husqvarna riding mower heap, this one cuts a 52″ swath through the competition. The first-class ergonomic design of this model makes it a machine fit for a king. All the levers and buttons are within a finger’s reach; the 15″ high seat back with armrests is fully adjustable to optimize his highness’ comfort level, and the steering wheel features comfort-grip padding to protect his manicure. At an MSRP of $2,999.95, Husqvarna’s lawn tractor flagship represents the ultimate in power and durability.
Most consumers trust the Husqvarna brand to deliver quality and durability. The manufacturer’s attention to user comfort and convenience culls high marks among Husqvarna riding lawn mower owners, and they are willing to pay a bit more for a piece of equipment with the security of a trusted brand name.
Some owners expressed the opinion that other brands out-perform the Husqvarna lawn tractor on hilly terrain, being better balanced for optimized slope-side mowing. Others have complained of engine problems in some of the lower end Husqvarna models and of the frustrations they have encountered in dealing directly with the manufacturer to resolve these issues.
Where to Purchase a Husqvarna Lawn Tractor
Multiple outlet giants such as Sears, Lowe’s Home Improvement Centers, and Home Depot sell Husqvarna riding lawn mowers. Husqvarna power products are also available at many smaller home and garden centers.
Be sure to choose a retailer you trust to provide the warranty service and future repairs you may need when purchasing your riding lawn mower.